- The process of cutting a felled tree into logs.
A bucker measures the downed tree while limbing and then cuts the tree into logs for transport. He will try to maximize the log’s net volume since, as a busheler, he’s paid by what the scaler says in it.
- University of Missouri Extension, Falling,Bucking and Limbing Trees.
- Alabama Cooperative Extension, Safe Operation of Chainsaws
- About.com: Forestry, Definition: Bucking
- USDA Forest Service, Bucking logs to cable yarder capacity can decrease yarding costs and minimize wood wastage
If you like what you see, why not subscribe? It’s free and I won’t spam you or sell or give your address to anyone.