Nevertheless, this bine is a Zeus hop (Humulus lupulus var. whotheheckknowsii, part of the CTZ–Columbus, Tomahawk, Zeus–hops triad). I have planted approximately 20 hop rhizomes inside containers around the house. I have hung wire from my decks down to the containers, a drop of ten to twelve feet. The few that have popped up seem to migrate to the wires pretty readily.
- Growing Hops in Containers. (byo.com)
- Growing Hops. (growinghopsyourself.com)
- Where to Buy Hop Rhizomes (growinghopsyourself.com)
- Hops in Southern California. (rootsimple.com)
- Hot water treatment of hop rhizomes for nematode control. (californiaagriculture.ucanr.org)