Humboldt Wildland Multicultural Scholarships

Humboldt State has funds from the USDA Higher Education Multicultural Scholars Program for multicultural freshman and transfer students attending Humboldt State University starting fall 2009.

You must enroll in and be on track to graduate from the Forestry or Rangeland Resource major with your choice of options:
Rangeland Resource Science Options:

  • Wildland Soils
  • Rangeland Resource Science

Forestry Options:

  • Forest Hydrology
  • Forest Production Management
  • Forest Resource Conservation
  • Forest soils
  • Wildland Fire Management

To apply to HSU, visit: CSU mentor

Deadline: Freshmen must apply to HSU by March 1 (sorry, I just learned of it), Transfers must apply by June 1, 2009. Contact Lisa Perry (email: for more information. She says, “have them contact me, we can make deadline exceptions in some cases for these under-enrolled programs.”

My thanks to Lisa.

Thanks to GIS and Science blog for the tip; they have more information on what’s available.

See the HSU announcement here.

Post to Twitter